It’s been a long time since I’ve done one of these memes. I stole this one from Clare.
Five things you were doing 10 years ago?
- Spending my last summer in College Station
- Working as the sole pit security person at a Shania Twain concert which ended with a stage rush of teenage girls. To this day I have never been more scared in my life than that moment.
- Driving my friend Jason home from his internship with The X-Files and trying (in vain) to convince him that it would be unprofessional to NOT take the route that goes through Roswell, NM
- Watching one of the MTV awards shows that contained a performance by Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera and thinking, “In 10 years people are going to think Christina’s the crazy washed up one.”
- Wondering if my roommate had been eaten by bears since he should have returned from a weekend camping trip by Thursday. It turned out he had flown to California to meet his internet girlfriend and he didn’t think to make the length of the trip in his lie the same as the length of his ACTUAL trip. He was not a good liar.
Five things on my to-do list today?
- Finish a CD of “offline web resources” for a client
- Finish editing photos from the Indy race a couple weeks ago
- Try to improve the comment spam moderation on my blog
- See if I can’t trade Brian Roberts in one of my fantasy baseball leagues
- Call the doctor to make an appointment for a checkup (since I haven’t even set foot there in about 3 years…)
I only expect to accomplish 1 or 2 of these.
Five Places I have traveled? (I’ll give you the five most beautiful roads I’ve driven, in no particular order…)
- Route 66 between Needles, CA and Kingman, AZ
- The Gunflint Trail north of Grand Marais, MN along the Canadian Border
- Blue Ridge Parkway through North Carolina and Virginia
- Utah Highway 12
- Arkansas Scenic 7 Byway through the Ouachita National Forest during the fall
Five snacks or treats I enjoy?
- Banana Chips (it’s a real shame they’re so incredibly bad for you)
- Dried Pineapple
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire?
- Jenna Fischer
- Sarah Silverman
- Salma Hayek
- Anne Hathaway
What? I was just being honest.
Oh, that’s not what you meant? Oh, fine…
- Give the bank all of the money they want for the things I (and my family) supposedly “own”
- Buy a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California
- Lobby to eliminate patents on “indigenous” food crops
- Set up a foundation to give most of it away for good causes. The Bill Gates model is pretty good. Diseases, hunger … root causes of poverty
- Bankroll a presidential campaign for someone I can trust. Somebody like my dad, who is too smart to run, even for a billion dollars.
Five of my bad habits?
- I work too much
- Laziness (on non-work things … just look at my yard)
- Stay up way too late
- It sounds weird to say it, but sometimes I’m not selfish enough
- I’m too patient. (Sometimes the opportunity passes because I’m not in a hurry.)
Five places I have lived?
- Lexington, KY
- Arlington, TX
- College Station, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- Arlington, TX
Five jobs Iâ€™ve had?
- Warehouse monkey at a macaroni factory
- Scuba diver’s assistant
- Taught advertising to 5th and 6th graders
- Electro-Pimp Deluxe
- My own boss (this one seems to suit me best … most of the time)